Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just OK

So, I am sitting here trying to write something clever, and all that keeps coming into my mind is: stillness. Do you have those days when life just begins to softly shift into place, like an airplane carry-on that's just the right size to fit beneath the seat in front of you? You wake up, and for some reason, you are bright; you are alert to the needs of your family, to the sun rays peering into your kitchen, and so on. It's like you took an energy drink in your dream, and you can even put that first cup of joe on hold. Wait in line, joe, my man needs some eggs before work. My baby needs some mommy play time.

I just knew that no worries were necessary today. That someone was working behind the stage. No studies lines were needed. No stage fright. No wondering how the audience would respond. Just OK.

And today...I think we rented our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment