Sunday, August 21, 2011

Littered with Pepto

Why does time drag its feet the hardest when you are waiting to hear important news? We waited for an entire week to finally learn our rental application on a townhouse in Frederick, Maryland was accepted.

Documents, phone calls, credit scores, oh my! We provided and provided and then still provided more. Yes, my husband has a job in Rockville; we just don't live there yet. This fact had to be shown or said in a number of ways by a number of people.

Alas, the ever-inflating balloon of my nerves was allowed to deflate on Friday evening. I lost about twenty pounds in the moments following the news: "The place is yours."

So now, we have just over a week before the movers come. And, my stomach feels like a hazardous zone, marked off for exploration. I am on the verge of sickness for much of each present day. This isn't the flu; it's just an upheaval inside my body. Excitement, nervousness, a lot of worry.

Our house is turning inside out as well. Contents of drawers and shelves are laying haphazardly in piles on the floor. Empty, full, partially full, and what-have-you boxes cover the downstairs like new tile ready to be installed.

Time. To go. To say good-bye. To begin anew. To take some of the Pepto found scattered in the debris of an old purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment