Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dead Leaves and All

Today is one of those days so delicious, you want to savor each bite, each taste of chocolate frosting on your tongue. It's just a day. But, the sun is brighter, I swear. The house is cozier. And the owls on Asher's walls seem to quietly hoot.

Ash and I took a walk recently, partly to help him take his morning nap (eh-hem) and partly because I honestly couldn't wait any longer to get outside.

The air had a bite to it; my nose was chilled. Asher's hands were little blocks of ice. Yet, these were inconsequential while watching him laugh as dead leaves tangoed with the wind across the sidewalk. Listening to him hum and sing to himself as he watched his own feet tap across the sidewalk, cut the cold air rushing through my hair. 

Now, the house is quieter as my "baby" sleeps soundly just next door. And, I will begin quietly battling the list of priorities, the frenzied inner voice, the longing to do more than I can in the small span of time in which he slumbers. But, we had some moments. Being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment