Saturday, December 31, 2011

Stop Tooting that Horn

Hi, it's me again. As I was reminiscing about old blog entries, I noticed I had 66 entries for 2011. The strange part - you know that one weird spot way off in the corner - of me wants to end on 67. I like seven.

Coincidentally, I had thought of getting on here (like it's a saddle or something) and writing more new years-y babble.

Eric and I decided last night to help our house out a little more. The house is not as peaceful as it can be. It's still in the middle of things. Boxes still remain scattered here and there. Pictures are off getting curled, yellow edges in those same boxes.

We also agreed that we don't even like our dining room. It isn't us at all. I mean, the chairs were a grand wedding present from different folks, but admittedly to my beloved family, we don't even feel comfortable with them. Let me add, we picked them out. We asked for those chairs. But, we saw them while walking through Crate and Barrel in some pre-wedding daze. You know, back when marriage looked pretty in catalogs. It did, didn't it?

Marriage was a pretty picture; it was an ideal dream. Not only were we getting married, but we could pick pretty things from shop display rooms and zap items on shelves at Target. Hey, that looks good! I'd never buy that for myself, so let's ask someone else to buy it! :)

In truth, I missed our old dining room set almost as soon as we got the new one. Somehow, in the midst of building our bridal nest we forgot ourselves a bit. We got lost on page seven in Bridal Paradise magazine.

So, let this coming year include settling comfortably into our space and letting down our hair when it suits the occasion. And less creating some false image of what married people's houses are supposed to look like. Of what a complete family is supposed to be.

Go blow your horns now. We'll be on the couch watching House.

No comments:

Post a Comment