Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not in the Plan

I am going to write about something not all of you want to read, particularly for any men who might read this. But, doesn't that make you want to read even more? :)

Many women struggle to lose weight or get their shape back after giving birth, but "I never thought I'd be one of them," said a good friend of mine yesterday. I second this emotion. Just last week, the doctor told me I have a separation of the abdomen muscles, which occurs during most pregnancies; however, sometimes this separation doesn't mend on its own, as is in my case.

The result...I have to work extra hard to have any resemblance of my former belly. It was a nice belly too, belly ring status during its glory days, which weren't too long ago.

First of all, how could this happen? I was never going to have to work hard at losing weight or at getting in shape. That was the plan. The expectation. The agreement. Right?

Sadly, no.

So...what does one do when feeling an invasion of the body snatchers? Can you help me track those guys down? I have some serious words for them.

Meanwhile...I laugh. I cook. I do mom things. I try and still do sweet wife things. And, I make small attempts, when able to summon the energy, at being pretty again (according to society's standards). That's about all I can do most of the time.

"Be patient," I said to my ten-month old son this morning, knowing full well he had no idea what I meant. Perhaps, these words were meant for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment