Saturday, September 10, 2011

The God of Rocks and Bunnies

In times like these, I feel blessed for snack time, picking-up-rocks time, wrestling time, banging-on-things time, and so on. Blessed for my supply of good coffee. My love of reading. My son's ability to find pleasure in watching rabbits - especially a bunny we've named Bub-bub - sit still as statues in the yard.

No matter where we are or what's going on, we have these moments. All of us do. Yours are different and the same as mine, and yours probably keep you grounded during major transitions or hard times, like mine.

This isn't a major revelation, but it's my focus while I stretch and pull on the fabric of my new life. This is the time when building an herb garden is coming into fruition. When decorating for Halloween is a thrill. When painting my toe nails seems like a good idea again.

Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment