Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gravitational Pulls

So, I've been wondering about boundary issues again when writing in this blog. I've basically reset my own just because I can. Because, well, why not? Because, it's uncomfortable. Each time I find myself pressing "Share to Facebook", I hesitate. I think, 'this isn't something I do..." For that reason alone, I find it thrilling and meaningful.

The beauty of this blog so far is that I am redefining myself as I go. With the ever-present knowledge that others are reading. Strange. Being willing to be given a different name. To be willing to pull the inside out. All in front of witnesses.

I thank all of you who have been willing to witness this process. For this blog is so much more than it started out as. More and more, it is a creative outlet. But, it's also a risk-taking endeavor, even if only a small one.

It's the willingness and hope to connect. To start conversations. To find solidarity in a world that in some ways has become so much smaller for me. My home is my private universe that demands constant attention and care. It takes work to keep all planets in orbit, to maintain proper distance from one another, and to make sure one gravitational pull doesn't get too out of whack.

Now, each entry is part of what sustains gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment