Monday, June 6, 2011

The Patriot Act

Sign in. Right here. On this dotted line. Pretend it's dotted, OK? About what am I rambling? Not sure. Only that I've had some recent discoveries about how many folks near and far check in to my blog.

When you sit down to write in a blog, you aren't always thinking of who is reading. I mean, you know about those who make comments or discuss your blog posts with you regularly. Yet, I've been learning of more and more folks who are actually reading my... ramblings... is what comes to mind again. :)

And, the whole idea of a blog once more is questioned. One person asked me about why I am willing to discuss personal subjects when I am such a private person....? Good question.

The answer I came up with and still do is: why not? I mean, it gets much more private than this (encompassing all blog entries I've done). Any other explanations would be more self-indulgent than writing about yourself already is.

In short, some people knit; some people garden; some people make jewelry. Others.. blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't censor yourself, unless YOU want to censor yourself! I'm glad no one told Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, Emily Dickinson, Maya Angelou, or any other amazing women writers to censor themselves. And if they did, they didn't listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly! I appreciate the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete