Monday, November 8, 2010

Manifestation Bored

Recently, I've been cutting out pictures from catalogs to add to my manifestation board. One thing in particular that I am hoping to manifest is creativity. Or perhaps just time to be creative. At the moment, writing in this blog feels like one of the only creative "me" things I am doing.

I say "me" things because being a mommy already involves lots of creativity and spontaneity. It's a lot like waking up each day and not knowing what your boss is going to throw at you or what time he will expect you to be at work. Can you have a lunch break? Will you be required to focus for long periods of time on one thing? These are all unknown variables from day to day when you have a little one.

Therefore, going with the flow and thinking up new games or songs are requirements of the trade.

But, there's this somewhat empty pocket with a few ideas and cut-outs stuffed inside that I long to fill with something concrete. How can I find the time to make a mosaic coffee table I've wanted to make for years now? It's been a renewed interest, and so far, collecting doo-dads is the farthest I've gotten.

Here's an idea. Why not spend a week eating frozen dinners or take-out? A week without scrubbing the tub or doing ten thousand loads of laundry? A week where the dishes can pile up in the sink each day?

Spend less time wanting and feeling increased anxiety and resentment, and just start DOing. Get on with it, already, Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment